Environmental & Sustainability
As a business it is important that we consider the way we impact the environment. Have a read below about all we're doing to be a more sustainable and environmentally friendly small business.
- Our Loose Leaf Tea pouches are biodegradable have been tested and certified as fully compostable and decompose in around ten weeks.
- Our pouches are plastic free, constructed from Kraft paper with a starch film inner barrier. Even the zipper will biodegrade in time.
- Our Biodegradable pouches should be deposed of in compostable food waste refuse bins if available from your local authority, if not available, please landfill responsibly.
- The labels used on our tea pouches are manufacture from recyclable paper, printed with water based ink and use vegan glue.
- Our internet deliveries are posted in cardboard boxes made from FSC certified cardboard from responsible managed sources.
- All our parcels are packaged using Plastic-Free kraft paper tapes.
- When sending Loose Leaf Tea, we try NOT to use additional fill materials in our packaging, however when sending larger items we do use recycled fill materials.
- We only use the Royal Mail for our internet deliveries.
- The Royal Mail has the lowest report carbon emissions per parcel of any major delivery company in the UK.
- Many local post office delivery vehicles (Including in our hometown of Grantham) are now Electric Powered.
- Many deliveries are made without using vehicles at all.
- With the Royal Mails unique network of On-Foot postmen & women making too the door deliveries.
Further Sustainability efforts
We are always looking at ways of reducing our Carbon footprint here at Teaspoon Tea Co.
- The Electricity in our Grantham Head Quarters is supplied by Octopus Energy, Octopus are the UKs largest supplier of Carbon Neutral electricity.
- We make a real effort to turn off lights when a room is not in use.
- We recycle and reuse as much as possible, from repurposing packaging sent to us to recycling paper and reducing what we print.